NEW! Now reconfigured to accommodate 1/32 and 1/24 scale cars.
NEW! Now includes a voltmeter on the side of the box.
This Roller Test Bench is hand-made right here in Québec by a friend. It features a precision aluminium roller to test and run in your car.
The adjustable stopper, held in place by magnets, allows 1/32 slot cars of varying lengths to be tested. The copper braid used on the test bench is high-quality track braid from Slot Car Corner. Includes banana plugs for power supply connection. Note: Power supply (variable voltage recommended) and cars are NOT included.
So how does the Roller Test Bench allow you to test and tune your car? Here are several examples:
- Break-in motors
- Break in gears (i.e. improve gear mesh)
- Check for bent axles
- Check for excessive rear bushing play ("slop")
- Check for out-of-round wheels and/or tires
- Check for tires that are not seated on wheels properly
- Examine drivetrain components while running (body off)
- Check for body interference (body on) - simulate body roll by putting light pressure on different areas of the body
- Check rear wheel RPM's (requires non-contact tachometer which must be purchased separately)
Slot Car Corner has been using the Roller Test Bench for several years - it's a deceptively clever tool that is easy to use. Think of it as an early warning system that identifies potential problems so you can address them before racing begins.
Please understand those are hand-made, making each unit unique and a little different from all others. My friend Jean-Pierre, the builder of those test benches, is a machinist by trade and works very meticulously but small cosmetic defects can be found on some units.